Depending on the size of the job, it can take between 2 to 7 days to prepare your quote.
The Most Wanted Team is a business that is run by its owners and we take pride in all our jobs. This reflects the quality and attention to detail that is often lacking in the construction industry. We do not offer unrealistic quotes. Generally our clients tell us what they require and we ensure we give you exactly what you looking for. No hidden costs.
Building or renovating a home is a complex process and involves a wide range of people. Depending on the services required, you may also need to consult with an architect, structural engineer, building inspector and others. If there is a need for any other person than myself and my team, this will be communicated with you upfront.
Depending on the extent of the building works, it may be possible to continue living in your home while it is being renovated. Although a certain amount of disruption will be inevitable, there are things the Most Wanted Team can do to make it as comfortable as possible for you. We know the practical realities of living on a building site and will do everything reasonably possible to minimise the disruption to your everyday life. When deciding whether or not to continue living in your property during a renovation/extension, it is important to keep in mind that this is likely to extend the construction period which may also increase the contract price. That is because it is likely that the builder will need to schedule the works differently to enable part of the home to remain habitable.
Before you sign to approve our quotation, check the following:
- The period specified in the contract is realistic and reliable
- You could also request a detailed project schedule and check that it includes an allowance for delay as a result of inclement weather, public holidays and any other foreseeable breaks in the continuity of the works. Unlike other builders that overpromise and underdeliver, with guesses and wishful thinking, we properly determine the time line.
- The Most Wanted Team has client references regarding our completion of jobs on time
Even if you have signed a fixed price contract, it is still possible that the contract price may change.
Reasons for price changes
- Variations – either you or the builder may request a variation to the building contract and this may lead to a change to the contract price and duration of the works.
- Unforeseen – issues arising after we start the project that we were not aware of
- After starting, we discover the period specified in the contract is unrealistic and unreliable